Monday, December 5, 2011


Recently my boyfriend’s mother came to visit for the Thanksgiving holiday. 

We had a lovely time together and much like time with my mother, we spent time discussing life and love.
I realized, unlike talking with my girlfriends, there is nothing like talking to Mom.

I realized that your friends, although it’s unintentional, tend want to talk about the misery in life but it’s so much harder to share in the joy and happiness of one’s life, especially when they may not have it in their own lives.

But, when you speak to Mom, they love to hear about how happy you are or how happy their son makes you.  And they genuinely mean it.

There is nothing more precious than the connection to mother and daughter and I think it grows in importance as life goes on.  I’m so glad I have terrific Moms in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment